So i’ve been soooo slack with my posts the last few weeks. It’s been a busy month, I’m trying new venues, finding my way in a new job and also trying to plan Fun Fils Days launch!
With all new and exciting things happening in May I thought really need to get the girls together for a catchup.
Going back to my Aussie roots, my mum always use to put on a Morning Tea at our house as a budget friendly alternative to going out or ordering in when we had family and friends over.
Here’s a snapshot of my “Aussie style” brunch at home on a Friday for under 300 AED.
– Fruit platter
– Homemade pikelets (for the non-aussies these are pretty much mini pancakes)
– Mini Bacon & Egg Pies (I substituted bacon for Mushroom and onion) served with rocket salad.
– Cold Cut Platter
Mini Pie Recipe (SO EASY & QUICK!)
– Frozen Puff Pastry
– Mushrooms & Onion (or bacon chopped)
– 1 1/2 cups of sour cream
– 12 eggs
1) Heat oven to 200C. Grease a Muffin tin (quite a deep one) with butter. Line each cup with the Puff Pastry.
2) Cook Mushroom & Onions in a saucepan- spoon tiny bit each cup.
3) Whisk chives and sour cream in a bowl – add to the pie.
4) Crack Egg over the mixture.
5) Add more of the mushroom & onion mix – place cheese/spring onion on top if you wish.
6) Bake 25 minutes – stand for 5 minutes.