Dubai World Cup – Fils & Spills
So the most notable Dubai event for March was of course the Dubai World Cup on Saturday… This event definitely fits into the theme of March Madness!
So today I’ve jammed packed a post about my fashion (of course on the affordable side), my easy to do makeup, my gatsby inspired hair, how to make a fresh flower fascinator for under 150AED and a round up of my fashion inspiration friends – Michael and Natalia with their win of best dressed couple. @shoestovainstyle
This year had the most amount of people I’ve ever seen at the cup, the lines were huge and the place was packed. I noticed more entries into the Jaguar Style Stakes which is the one event I just love watching – right in the heart of the racing action.
It’s quite an expensive day out so I had to be ‘fils’ conscious with my look. Here is a breakdown on my EASY DIY fascinator I wore…
- I bought the fascinator base with simple white netting from a Dragon Mart Kiosk for 30AED
- I visited my florist a week prior – Baby Ross in Al Barsha Mall to order me a full white orchid stem
- I had these little clips in my jewelry case from back in the day from Forever 21 & Aldo (top left)
- I picked up my orchid on the Saturday morning of the races, visited my hair salon – Robert Alexander Salon in Tecom and gave them my Gatsby inspired ‘finger curls’ picture as inspiration to try and accomplish in my short hair.
- End result – a hair piece for under 150 AED and number 5 on Ahlan Live best hat album (image from them top right)
To complete the Gatsby inspired look my outfit consists of:
- White dress by Australian Label Cameo bought from West LA, Dubai. @cameo_the_label / @westlaboutique
- White shoes and clutch from from Iconic, Dubai. (I used my Grazia Style Card to get 20% off)
- PolkaDot Sunglasses by Quay bought from West LA, Dubai.
- White watch bracelet by Australian label, Mimco. @_MIMCO
Makeup done by myself:
- MAC Lipstick and Lip Pencil – Girl About Town (Pink)
- MAC Foundation, powder and pink blush
- Bobby Brown Concealer
- Napoleon corrector palette
- Makeup Forever Contouring Kit
- Sleek Eyeshadow Palette
- Maybelline Liquid Eyeliner – black
My lovely best friend, stylist and fashion editor for Art of Living Magazine – Natalia, was a finalist in Creative Hat category at the Style Stakes. Her and Michael were winners for best dressed couple category. At least 60 couples took to the stage to catwalk out their coordinating outfits for this prestigious recognition.
What I think won the judges over was the fact she was wearing two local designers complemented by Michael of course.
- Dress by UAE fashion label Reemami (available in Sauce & ValleyDez)
- Red Clutch by Maison Cachet – Dubai based fashion designer
- Hat made by Natalia herself
- Shoes – Manolo Blahnik
Michael is wearing:
- Moschino Jacket
- Trussardi White Jeans
- YSL shirt
- Reemami scarf matching the Red Frida Dress
Now the benchmark is set – time for planning 2015 outfits!
Instagram us just for fun: @shoestovainstyle @funfilsdays